Sunday, March 7, 2010

One-Line A Day: A Five-Year Memory Book


After hearing about five-year diaries a few years ago, I tried making my own. I didn't design it well and I made it too big. I ended up using the book as a planning calendar, but ditched it after a couple of weeks.

I didn't forget about the cool idea of keeping a five-year diary, and when I saw one today at the New York Public Library bookstore on 42nd Street and 5th Avenue, I wanted it. I love the retro-look light blue cover with orange ribbon bookmark, and of course I love the gold-edged pages that stick together a bit because the book is new. I snatched it up.
There is one page for each day of the year and a place to jot a few lines on that date over five-year's time. Cool, right? With the simple format, I'm hoping I'll keep up writing in the book.

I see on the publisher's website that a One Sketch a Day: A Visual Journal is about to be released on March 17, 2010. Great idea to sketch every day....another thing I'd like to keep consistent in my life.

Published by Chronicle Books and purchased at the New York Public Library shop.

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing idea. I have really been hoping to be consistent enough about my journal to do something like this... so far haven't succeeded, but I try, try again.

    Love your blog. Just found it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The five-year diary is an amazing thing, isn't it? My first entry: "Bought this book today."

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note.