Sunday, March 21, 2010

Postcards

A few postcards I mailed this weekend.

I have a thing for illuminated manuscripts. I just love them.

I'm tempted to jump into this bed of plants, they look so wonderful. It would probably hurt to do that since some of these are cacti. And besides, that would be an insane thing to do. But I am crazy about these plants in the greenhouse at Wave Hill. I have had plans for ages to sketch in the greenhouse, but something else in the park distracts me every visit (usually the cute cafe seating that overlooks the Hudson).

This postcard was sent at the request of a collector of 9/11 commemerative postcards. This imagine isn't of 9/11, of course, but you can see the towers in the background. The scene is from the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. The one time I visited the park, I went to see migrating birds on a spring day. The weather was horrible, however, and all I saw was the inside of my umbrella flipped inside out from the strong winds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note.