Monday, March 15, 2010

Post Office

Since I was in the neighborhood and had a letter to mail, I took my envelope to the big post office by Penn Station.

It's a bit of a disappointment inside. The lobby isn't the majestic place you'd expect from the outside, at least not anymore.

There is a shop to buy stamps, but again, a disappointment. I expected to see the stamps on display, but you have to ask the clerk to see them. I didn't have time for that, but I will be back to make some purchases the next time I walk by the place.

While looking at some old mailboxes in the lobby, the guard said, "Hey, lady!" I wondered if I wandered into a restricted area. Turns out he noticed my interest in the artifacts and he wanted to give me a hand-out about the building. Nice guy.

The handout could be snazzed up a bit, in my opinion, but typewriter copy on green cardstock does have some charm, I suppose.

I mailed my letter and went on my way, on this chilly, wet day in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note.