Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jefferson postcard

I received this museum postcard from a fellow American.

My family took many road trips when I was a kid. My parents loved to stop at any museum or historic place we encountered on the road, and my father liked getting off the main highway to travel the back roads. My friends came back from winter vacation with stories of Disney World or beach resorts. I had stories from LBJ's ranch and could name every scenic overlook along the Mississippi River.

The sender of this postcard writes that she has taken many school groups to the museum and would like to visit on her own someday. I'm a homeschooling mom and I also organize plenty of group field trips to museums, but I have to admit the reason I do it is because I like writing the name tags. There is something about handing out "Hello. My name is ___________" name tags that pleases me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a note.